5352.223-9000 Elimination of Use of Class I Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS)
As prescribed in 5323.804-90 Contract Clauses , insert the following clause in solicitations and contracts:
ELIMINATION OF USE OF CLASS I OZONE DEPLETING SUBSTANCES (ODS) (OCT 2019)
(a) Contractors shall not:
(1) Provide any service or product with any specification, standard, drawing, or other document that requires the use of a Class I ODS in the test, operation, or maintenance of any system, subsystem, item, component, or process; or
(2) Provide any specification, standard, drawing, or other document that establishes a test, operation, or maintenance requirement that can only be met by use of a Class I ODS as part of this contract/order.
[Note: This prohibition does not apply to manufacturing.]
(b) For the purposes of Air Force policy, the following products that are pure (i.e., they meet the relevant product specification identified in AFI 32-7086 ) are Class I ODSs:
(1) Halons: 1011, 1202, 1211, 1301, and 2402;
(2) Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs): CFC-11, CFC-12, CFC-13, CFC-111, CFC-112, CFC-113, CFC-114, CFC-115, CFC-211, CFC-212, CFC-213, CFC-214, CFC-215, CFC-216, and CFC-217, and the blends R-500, R-501, R-502, and R-503; and
(3) Carbon Tetrachloride, Methyl Chloroform, and Methyl Bromide.
[NOTE: Material that uses one or more of these Class I ODSs as minor constituents do not meet the Air Force definition of a Class I ODS.]
(End of clause)