MP5346 - Quality Assurance
MP5346.1 – GENERAL
MP5346.103 - Contracting Office Responsibilities
The following mandatory procedures will be used when awarding services acquisitions unless the three conditions at DFARS PGI 201.602-2(v)(A) are met.
1. Roles and Responsibilities
a. The COCO/Chiefs of Performance Management Offices must ensure that a:
(1) Quality Assurance Program Coordinator (QAPC) is appointed and properly trained to integrate the quality contract requirements into the quality assurance program, act as the liaison between the contracting and functional organizations, and provide training and record keeping in accordance with MP5301.602-2(d) .
b. The CO must:
(2) Designate Contracting Officer’s Representatives (COR) in accordance with MP5301.602-2 (d) Designation, Assignment, and Responsibilities of a Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) .
c. The QAPC must:
(2) Support the acquisition team in the development of contract quality assurance requirements specifically ensuring that requirements are clearly stated and enforceable.
(3) Assist the acquisition team during market research efforts in determining commercial quality assurance practices.
(4) Assist, as required, with the evaluation of contractor Quality Control Plans.