PART 32--CONTRACT FINANCING
TABLE OF CONTENTS
(c)(1)(iii) The HCA is the designee.
(d) The HCA is the designee.
(S-90) The standard DISA practice for awarding a contract action Subject to Availability of Funds (SAF) is based upon receipt of a SAF funding document from the mission partner. In the event an external mission partner cannot provide a SAF funding document, the Contracting Officer may accept a “Notice of Subject to Availability of Funds” memorandum in accordance with template provided at DARS PGI 32.
- A Request for Proposal (RFP) or Request for Quotation (RFQ) may be released, for DISA internal mission partners only, conditioned on the availability of funds, only when paragraphs (1) or (2) below apply.
- When the resulting contract is to be funded by Procurement or Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation Appropriations, and the program/requirement has been included in the President’s budget as submitted to Congress. In these instances, the program manager shall provide the contracting officer a written statement (coordinated with OCFO) that these funds will be used for the proposed acquisition and although not presently available, a reasonable expectation exists that funding will be authorized and available upon enactment of the Authorization and/or Appropriations Acts.
- Contract Specialists/Contracting Officers shall require DISA Directorates to submit a commitment letter to release a solicitation prior to the funds being available. The commitment letter is in DARS PGI 32.703-90(a)(2) and shall be signed by the Program Management Representative and the Financial Account Managers (FAM) at the Branch Chief level
**NOTE: If there are issues with the Program Management Representative signing, notify the Program Management Representative’s chain of command.
- Solicitations for such contracts may be issued so long as potential offerors are apprised that although no funds are currently available to award the contract, the PMO and FAM have provided written assertion that the requirement is legitimate and funds have been programmed or committed it will be funded.
- The Contracting Officer shall include FAR 52.232-18, Availability of Funds, in all solicitations issued without funding under the authority of DARS 32.703-90.
(S-90) When an order is placed or a contract is awarded against an existing telecommunications tariff, the terms of the tariff prevail regarding prompt payment. Normally, the tariff addresses the late payment period and the calculation of the interest charge. Where the tariff is silent, the Prompt Payment Act terms and conditions apply.
(S-90) Delivery Ticket Invoicing (DTI). The DTI contract payment method may be applied against firm fixed price contracts or Communication Service Authorization (CSA) orders for telecommunications services in which the receiving document, when combined with the contract/order, contains sufficient information to determine a contractor's payment entitlement, without requiring the contractor to submit an invoice. A Contracting Officer who determines to implement the DTI contract payment method in a contract or order shall follow the DTI Standard Operating Procedures located in the Corporate Library.