30.000 Scope of part.
This part describes policies and procedures for applying the Cost Accounting Standards Board (CASB) rules and regulations (48 CFR Chapter 99 (FAR Appendix)) to negotiated contracts and subcontracts. This part does not apply to sealed bid contracts or to any contract with a small business concern (see 48 CFR 9903.201-1(b) (FAR Appendix) for these and other exemptions).
Subpart 30.1- General
30.101 Cost Accounting Standards.
- (a) Public Law 100-679 (41 U.S.C. 422) requires certain contractors and subcontractors to comply with Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and to disclose in writing and follow consistently their cost accounting practices.
- (b) Contracts that refer to this Part 30 for the purpose of applying the policies, procedures, standards and regulations promulgated by the CASB pursuant to Public Law 100-679, shall be deemed to refer to the CAS, and any other regulations promulgated by the CASB (see 48 CFR Chapter 99), all of which are hereby incorporated in this Part 30.
- (c) The Appendix to the FAR loose-leaf edition contains-
- (1) Cost Accounting Standards and Cost Accounting Standards Board Rules and Regulations Recodified by the Cost Accounting Standards Board at 48 CFR Chapter 99; and
- (2) The following preambles:
- (i) Part I-Preambles to the Cost Accounting Standards Published by the Cost Accounting Standards Board.
- (ii) Part II-Preambles to the Related Rules and Regulations Published by the Cost Accounting Standards Board.
- (iii) Part III-Preambles Published under the FAR System.
- (d) The preambles are not regulatory but are intended to explain why the Standards and related Rules and Regulations were written, and to provide rationale for positions taken relative to issues raised in the public comments. The preambles are printed in chronological order to provide an administrative history.
30.102 Cost Accounting Standards Board Publication.
Copies of the CASB Standards and Regulations are printed in title 48 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Chapter 99, and may be obtained by writing the-
or by calling the Washington, DC, ordering desk at (202) 512-1800.