52.223-15 Energy Efficiency in Energy-Consuming Products.
As prescribed in 23.206 , insert the following clause:
Energy Efficiency in Energy-Consuming Products (May 2020)
(a) Definition. As used in this clause—
(1) Means a product that–
(i) Meets Department of Energy and Environmental Protection Agency criteria for use of the Energy Star trademark label; or
(ii) Is in the upper 25 percent of efficiency for all similar products as designated by the Department of Energy’s Federal Energy Management Program.
(2) The term "product" does not include any energy-consuming product or system designed or procured for combat or combat-related missions (42 U.S.C. 8259b).
(b) The Contractor shall ensure that energy-consuming products are energy efficient products (i.e., ENERGY STAR® products or FEMP-designated products) at the time of contract award, for products that are—
(2) Acquired by the Contractor for use in performing services at a Federally-controlled facility;
(3) Furnished by the Contractor for use by the Government; or
(4) Specified in the design of a building or work, or incorporated during its construction, renovation, or maintenance.
(c) The requirements of paragraph (b) apply to the Contractor (including any subcontractor) unless—
(1) The energy-consuming product is not listed in the ENERGY STAR® Program or FEMP; or
(2) Otherwise approved in writing by the Contracting Officer.
(d) Information about these products is available for—
(1) ENERGY STAR® at http://www.energystar.gov/products; and
(End of clause)