52.247-68 Report of Shipment (REPSHIP).
As prescribed in 47.208-2 , insert the following clause:
Report of Shipment (REPSHIP) (Feb 2006)
(a) Definition. "Domestic destination", as used in this clause, means-
(1) A destination within the contiguous United States; or
(2) If shipment originates in Alaska or Hawaii, a destination in Alaska or Hawaii, respectively.
(b) Unless otherwise directed by the Contracting Officer, the Contractor shall-
(1) Send a prepaid notice of shipment to the consignee transportation officer-
(i) For all shipments of-
(A) Classified material, protected sensitive, and protected controlled material;
(C) Radioactive materials requiring the use of a III bar label; or
(ii) When a truckload/carload shipment of supplies weighing 20,000 pounds or more, or a shipment of less weight that occupies the full visible capacity of a railway car or motor vehicle, is given to any carrier (common, contract, or private) for transportation to a domestic destination (other than a port for export);
(2) Transmits the notice by rapid means to be received by the consignee transportation officer at least 24 hours before the arrival of the shipment; and
(3) Send, to the receiving transportation officer, the bill of lading or letter or other document containing the following information and prominently identified as a "Report of Shipment"or "REPSHIP FOR T.O."
REPSHIP FOR T.O. 81 JUN 01
DEFENSE DEPOT, MEMPHIS, TN.
SHIPPED YOUR DEPOT 1981 JUN 1 540 CTNS MENS
COTTON TROUSERS, 30,240 LB, 1782 CUBE, VIA XX-YY*
IN CAR NO. XX 123456**-BL***-C98000031****
CONTRACT DLA_____ETA*****-JUNE 5 JONES & CO., JERSEY CITY, N.J.
*Name of rail carrier, trucker, or other carrier.
***Bill of lading.
****If not shipped by BL, identify lading document and state whether paid by contractor.
*****Estimated time of arrival.
(End of clause)