211.274-4 Policy for reporting of Government-furnished property.
(a) It is DoD policy that all Government-furnished property be recorded in the DoD Item Unique Identification (IUID) Registry, as defined in the clause at 252.211-7007 , Reporting of Government-Furnished Property.
(b) The following items are not required to be reported:
(1) Contractor-acquired property, as defined in FAR part 45.
(2) Property under any statutory leasing authority.
(3) Property to which the Government has acquired a lien or title solely because of partial, advance, progress, or performance-based payments.
(4) Intellectual property or software.
(5) Real property.
(6) Property released as work in process.
(7) Non-serial managed items (reporting is limited to receipt transactions only).