PGI Part 251 - USE OF GOVERNMENT SOURCES BY CONTRACTORS
PGI 251.1 - CONTRACTOR USE OF GOVERNMENT SUPPLY SOURCES
PGI 251.101 Policy.
(a)(1) When authorizing contractors to use Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Energy as a source of fuel in performance of other than cost-reimbursement contracts, contracting officers shall—
(i) Comply with the requirements of FAR 51.101 and DFARS 251.102, including the execution of a letter of authorization;
(iii) Obtain a current DLA Energy Fuel Purchase Authorization (FPA) from DLA Energy by emailing email@example.com;
(iv) Email to DLA Energy, at firstname.lastname@example.org, a copy of the—
(A) Completed FPA;
(B) Letter of authorization from the contracting officer; and
(2) Upon receipt of the documentation in paragraph (a)(1)(iv)(A)-(C) of this section, DLA Energy will work with all parties to review the FPA for accuracy and completion. If approved, DLA Energy will assign a Department of Defense Activity Address Code for the fuel sales.
PGI 251.102 Authorization to use Government supply sources.
Use a format substantially the same as the following when authorizing contractor use of Government Supply Sources. Specify the terms of the purchase, including contractor acceptance of any Government materiel, payment terms, and the addresses required by paragraph (e) of the clause at 252.251-7000, Ordering from Government Supply Sources.
AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE FROM GOVERNMENT SUPPLY SOURCES
SUBJECT: Authorization to Purchase from Government Supply Sources
1. You are hereby authorized to use Government sources in performing Contract No. __________________ for [insert the requiring activity’s DoD Activity Address Code (DoDAAC)], as follows: [Insert applicable purchasing authority given to the contractor.]
2.a. Purchase Orders Under Federal Supply Schedules or Personal Property Rehabilitation Price Schedules. Place orders in accordance with the terms and conditions of the attached Schedule(s) and this authorization. Attach a copy of this authorization to the order (unless a copy was previously furnished to the Federal Supply Schedule or Personal Property Rehabilitation Price Schedule contractor). Insert the following statement in the order:
This order is placed under written authorization from ______________________________________ dated ____________________ (*___________). In the event of any inconsistency between the terms and conditions of this order and those of the Federal Supply Schedule or Personal Property Rehabilitation Price Schedule contract, the latter will govern.
b. Requisitioning from the General Services Administration (GSA) or the Department of Defense (DoD). Place orders in accordance with this authorization and, as appropriate, the following:
(1) Federal Standard Requisitioning and Issue Procedures (FEDSTRIP) (GSA FEDSTRIP Operating Guide: FPMR 101-26.2 (41 CFR 101-26.2)). Copies are available from the Superintendent of Documents, Government Printing Office, Washington, DC 20402; telephone (202) 512-1800; facsimile (202) 512-2250.
(2) Military Standard Requisitioning and Issue Procedures (MILSTRIP) (DoD 4000.25-1-M). Copies are available from the Defense Logistics Agency, Administrative Support Center East, ATTN: ASCE-WS, 14 Dedication Drive, Suite 3, POD 43, New Cumberland, PA 17070-5011; telephone 1-888-DLA-PUBS(352-7827), or (717) 770-6034; facsimile (717) 770-4817.
c. Enterprise Software Initiative. Place orders in accordance with the terms and conditions of the attached Enterprise Software Agreement(s), or instructions for obtaining commercial software or software maintenance from Enterprise Software Initiative inventories, and this authorization. Attach a copy of this authorization to the order (unless a copy was previously furnished to the Enterprise Software Agreement contractor). Insert the following statement in the order:
This order is placed under written authorization from __________________________ dated___________ (*___________). In the event of any inconsistency between the terms and conditions of this order, and those of the Enterprise Software Agreement, the latter will govern.
3. [Insert other provisions as necessary.]
4. This authority is not transferable or assignable.
5. The DoD Activity Address Directory (DoDAAD) (DLM 4000.25, Volume 6, Chapter 2) Activity Address Code** to which this Authorization applies is ___________.
6. This Authorization expires _______________________________.
* Insert “a copy of which is attached,” “a copy of which you have on file,” or other suitable language, as appropriate.
** The requiring activity assumes responsibility for monitoring and controlling all activity address codes used in the letters of authority.
PGI 251.102-70 Contracting office responsibilities.
(a) The DoD Activity Address Code (DoDAAC) assigned in accordance with paragraph 5 of the authorization format in PGI 251.102 shall be assigned to the contractor for authorization to use Government supply sources only for the contract number cited in paragraph 1 of the authorization format.
(b) The authorization to use Government sources of supply is unique to each contract and shall not be transferred or assigned to any other contractor or contract. Therefore, the same DoDAAC shall not be assigned to any other contract number during the period of performance for the contract. After 24 months has lapsed beyond contract closeout, the DoDAAC may be reused for another contract.