PART 3419—SMALL BUSINESS PROGRAMS
Authority: 5 U.S.C. 301 and 20 U.S.C. 1018a.
Source: 88 FR 60542, Sept. 1, 2023, unless otherwise noted.
3419.201 General policy.
3419.201-70 Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU).
The Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) is responsible for facilitating the implementation of the Small Business Act, as described in FAR 19.201. The OSDBU develops rules, policy, procedures, and guidelines for the effective administration of ED's small business program.
Subpart 3419.5—Small Business Total Set-Asides, Partial Set-Asides, and Reserves
3419.502 Setting aside acquisitions.
3419.502-8 Rejecting Small Business Administration recommendations.
(d) The SPE is the agency head for the purposes of FAR 19.502–8.
3419.502-70 Methods of conducting set-asides.
(a) Simplified acquisition procedures as described in FAR part 13 for the procurement of noncommercial services for FSA requirements may be used under the following circumstances:
(1) The procurement does not exceed $1,000,000;
(2) The procurement is conducted as a small business set-aside pursuant to section 15(a) of the Small Business Act;
(3) The price charged for supplies associated with the services are expected to be less than 20 percent of the total contract price;
(4) The procurement is competitive; and
(5) The procurement is not for construction.
Subpart 3419.8—Contracting With the Small Business Administration (the 8(a) Program)
3419.810 SBA appeals.
(a) The SPE is the agency head for the purposes of FAR 19.810.
3419.812 Contract administration.
(d) The HCA is the agency head for the purposes of FAR 19.812(d).