Small Business Administration (SBA) Appeals tothe Agency Head
When notified by the SBA that it has filed anappeal with the Agency Head, either for a small business set-aside orthe 8(a) program, the contracting officer must prepare an appealfile. The file must contain a statement by the contracting officer,which sets forth the decision rationale and addresses the appealissues on a point-by-point basis. The appeal file must include thefollowing:
1. The contracting officer s rationale for not considering knownsmall business sources, small businesses identified through synopsis,and sources recommended by the Small Business Specialist and SBA;
2. Discuss results of market research orattach a market research report.
3. Include comments and/or concurrence from the Small BusinessSpecialist;
4. The completed DDForm 2579 and SBA Form 70 and any related correspondence;
5. The procurement history;
6. A copy of the solicitation s evaluation and award factors.