ANNEX 12 - Waiver Request for Appointing a Non-DON Employee as a Contracting Officer
In accordance with 5201.603, HCAs or their authorized designees shall notify DASN(P) of a planned issuance of a contracting officer appointment and warrant to a non-DON employee, except when a DON activity is designated HCA for a joint-contracting operation. The notification and/or waiver request must address the following information:
I. Identify DON/DOD Employee to be Delegated Contracting Authority
- Name of Nominee (as it will appear on the SF 1402, Certificate of Contracting Officer Appointment)
- Grade/Series or Military Rank
- Description of Duties
- Activity Name/DODAAC
II. Describe How the Qualifications of the Nominee Meet the Requirements for the Recommended Level of Delegation
- Specialized Experience
- Relevant Training*
- Other Qualifications (e.g. DAWIA Career Field Certifications, Defense Acquisition Corps Membership)*
*Note: Submit documentation to substantiate credentials/education completed.
III. Describe Extent of Contracting Authority to be Delegated
- Type of Appointment (e.g. PCO, ACO, Ordering Officer)
- Dollar Threshold (e.g. Unlimited, Limited to Specific Dollar Value)
- Type of work/products/services nominee will be authorized to procure or administer
- Limitations (e.g. Contract Type; Competitive or Non-Competitive Actions, etc.)
- Appointment Term
IV. Provide Rationale to Support Delegation of Contracting Authority
- Explain why this delegation is necessary and how it results in a more efficient execution and administration of the HCAs contracting operations.
- Identify the anticipated workload to support the type of appointment, including the available resources at the Nominee’s Organization.
- Describe the internal controls that are or will be in place at the Nominee’s Organization and at the HCA/delegating office to ensure efficient and effective execution and management oversight of delegated authority.