(S-90) When a contracting officer receives a Value Engineering Change Proposal (VECP) from the contractor, the contracting officer shall do the following:
(1) Provide courtesy copies to the PMO Program Manager (PM) and the DISA VE Office.
(2) The Contracting Officer acknowledges receipt within 5 business days and contacts PMO and DISA VE Office to begin evaluation.
(3) PM and VE Senior Management Official (SMO) shall convene within 15 business days to evaluate the VECP.
(4) PM and VE SMO approve (or reject) VECP and notify KO within 3 business days of decision action.
(5) If approved, the Contracting Officer notifies Contractor and issues a contract modification.
(6) Contractor begins contract execution in accordance with accepted VECP.
(7) If VECP is not approved, the Contracting Officer notifies the Contractor in writing with an explanation of why the VECP was not considered to be viable VECP.