Subpart 2801.6 - Career Development, Contracting Authority, and Responsibilities
(a) In accordance with Attorney General Order 1687-93, the authority vested in the Attorney General (AG) with respect to contractual actions for goods and services is delegated to the following officials to serve as HCAs:
(1) Director, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF);
(2) Director, Bureau of Prisons (BOP);
(3) Administrator, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA);
(4) Director, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI);
(5) Director, Federal Prison Industries (FPI/UNICOR);
(6) Inspector General, Office of the Inspector General (OIG);
(7) Assistant Attorney General, Office of Justice Programs (OJP);
(8) Director, U.S. Marshals Service (USMS); and
(9) Assistant Attorney General for Administration (AAG/A) (for the Offices, Boards, and Divisions).
(b) The acquisition authority delegated to the officials in paragraph (a) of this section may be redelegated to subordinate officials as necessary for the efficient and proper administration of the Department's acquisition operations, unless otherwise prohibited by the FAR or JAR. Such redelegated authority shall expressly state whether it carries the power of redelegation of authority.
2801.604 Contracting Officer's Representative (COR).
Contracting officers may appoint individuals to act as authorized representatives in the monitoring and administration of a contract. Such officials shall be designated as a Contracting Officer's Representative (COR). When a COR is to be designated, contracting officers shall include the clause at JAR 2852.201-70 in all contracts. A COR's authority is limited to the authority set forth in the subject clause.