213.301 Governmentwide commercial purchase card.
Follow the procedures at PGI 213.301 for authorizing, establishing, and operating a Governmentwide commercial purchase card program.
(1) “United States,” as used in this section, means the 50 States and the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, American Samoa, Wake Island, Johnston Island, Canton Island, the outer Continental Shelf, and any other place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States (but not including leased bases).
(2) An individual appointed in accordance with 201.603-3 (a) also may use the Governmentwide commercial purchase card to make a purchase that exceeds the micro-purchase threshold but does not exceed $25,000, if—
(i) The purchase—
(A) Is made outside the United States for use outside the United States; and
(B) Is for a commercial product or commercial service; but
(C) Is not for work to be performed by employees recruited within the United States;
(D) Is not for supplies or services originating from, or transported from or through, sources identified in FAR Subpart 25.7;
(E) Is not for ball or roller bearings as end items;
(F) Does not require access to classified or Privacy Act information; and
(G) Does not require transportation of supplies by sea; and
(ii) The individual making the purchase—
(A) Is authorized and trained in accordance with agency procedures;
(B) Complies with the requirements of FAR 8.002 in making the purchase; and
(C) Seeks maximum practicable competition for the purchase in accordance with FAR 13.104(b).
(3) A contracting officer supporting a contingency operation as defined in 10 U.S.C. 101(a)(13) or a humanitarian or peacekeeping operation as defined in 10 U.S.C. 3015(2) also may use the Governmentwide commercial purchase card to make a purchase that exceeds the micro-purchase threshold but does not exceed the simplified acquisition threshold, if—
(i) The supplies or services being purchased are immediately available;
(ii) One delivery and one payment will be made; and
(iii) The requirements of paragraphs (2)(i) and (ii) of this section are met.
(4) The contracting officer shall not authorize the Governmentwide commercial purchase card as a method of payment during any contract period of performance if the contract includes the clause at FAR 52.229-12, Tax on Certain Foreign Procurements, unless the contract also includes the clause at 252.229-7014, Full Exemption from Two-Percent Excise Tax on Certain Foreign Procurements, indicating that the contractor is fully exempt from the tax.
(5) Guidance on DoD purchase, travel, and fuel card programs is available in the “Department of Defense Government Charge Card Guidebook for Establishing and Managing Purchase, Travel, and Fuel Card Programs” at https://www.acq.osd.mil/asda/dpc/ce/pc/docs-guides.html . Additional guidance on the fuel card programs is available at https://www.dla.mil/Energy/Offers/Products/GovernmentFuel/.