232.072-1 Required financial reviews.
The contracting officer shall perform a financial review when the contracting officer does not otherwise have sufficient information to make a positive determination of financial responsibility. In addition, the contracting officer shall consider performing a financial review—
(a) Prior to award of a contract, when—
(1) The contractor is on a list requiring preaward clearance or other special clearance before award;
(2) The contractor is listed on the Consolidated List of Contractors Indebted to the Government (Hold-Up List), or is otherwise known to be indebted to the Government;
(3) The contractor may receive Government assets such as contract financing payments or Government property;
(4) The contractor is experiencing performance difficulties on other work; or
(5) The contractor is a new company or a new supplier of the item.
(b) At periodic intervals after award of a contract, when—
(1) Any of the conditions in paragraphs (a)(2) through (a)(5) of this subsection are applicable; or
(2) There is any other reason to question the contractor’s ability to finance performance and completion of the contract.