504.475 Return of classified information.
(a) Contracting officers must recover classified information, unless it has been destroyed as provided in Section 7 of Chapter 5 of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM). Information on NISPOM can be found at https://fas.org/sgp/index.html.
(b) Contracting officers must ensure that classified information provided by the government is returned immediately after any of the following events:
(1) Bid opening or closing date for receipt of proposals by non-responding offerors.
(2) Contract award by unsuccessful offerors.
(3) Termination or completion of the contract.
(4) Notification that authorization to release classified information has been withdrawn.
(5) Notification that a facility:
(i) Does not have adequate means to safeguard classified information; or
(ii) Has had its security clearance revoked or inactivated.
(6) Whenever otherwise instructed by the authority responsible for the security classification.
(c) The Government agency that provided classified information to a GSA contractor is responsible for the return of the information.