Subpart 1815.2—Solicitation and Receipt of Proposals and Information
1815.203-72 Risk management.
In all RFPs for supplies or services for which a technical proposal is required, proposal instructions shall require offerors to identify and discuss risk factors and issues throughout the proposal where they are relevant, and describe their approach to managing these risks.
1815.207 Handling proposals and information.
1815.207-70 Release of proposal information.
(a) NASA personnel participating in any way in the evaluation may not reveal any information concerning the evaluation to anyone not also participating, and then only to the extent that the information is required in connection with the evaluation. When non-NASA personnel participate, they shall be instructed to observe these restrictions.
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (b)(2) of this section, the procurement officer is the approval authority to disclose proposal information outside the Government. If outside evaluators are involved, this authorization may be granted only after compliance with FAR 37.2 and 1837.204, except that the determination of unavailability of Government personnel required by FAR 37.2 is not required for disclosure of proposal information to JPL employees.
(2) Proposal information in the following classes of proposals may be disclosed with the prior written approval of a NASA official one level above the NASA program official responsible for the overall conduct of the evaluation. If outside evaluators are involved, the determination of unavailability of Government personnel required by FAR 37.2 is not required for disclosure in these instances.
(i) Proposals submitted in response to broad agency announcements such as Announcements of Opportunity and NASA Research Announcements;
(ii) Unsolicited proposals; and
(iii) SBIR and STTR proposals.
(3) If JPL personnel, in evaluating proposal information released to them by NASA, require assistance from non-JPL, non-Government evaluators, JPL must obtain written approval to release the information in accordance with paragraphs (b)(1) and (b)(2) of this section.
1815.207-71 Appointing non-Government evaluators as special Government employees.
(a) Except as provided in paragraph (c) of this section, non-Government evaluators, except employees of JPL, shall be appointed as special Government employees.
(b) Appointment as a special Government employee is a separate action from the approval required by paragraph 1815.207–70(b) and may be processed concurrently. Appointment as a special Government employee shall be made by:
(1) The NASA Headquarters personnel office when the release of proposal information is to be made by a NASA Headquarters office; or
(2) The installation personnel office when the release of proposal information is to be made by the installation.
(c) Non-Government evaluators need not be appointed as special Government employees when they evaluate:
(1) Proposals submitted in response to broad agency announcements such as Announcements of Opportunity and NASA Research Announcements;
(2) Unsolicited proposals; and
(3) SBIR and STTR proposals.
1815.208 Submission, modification, revision, and withdrawal of proposals. (NASA supplements paragraph (b))
(b) The FAR late proposal criteria do not apply to Announcements of Opportunity, NASA Research Announcements, and Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) Phase I and Phase II solicitations, and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) solicitations. For these solicitations, proposals or proposal modifications received from qualified firms after the latest date specified for receipt may be considered if a significant reduction in cost to the Government is probable or if there are significant technical advantages, as compared with proposals previously received. In such cases, the project office shall investigate the circumstances surrounding the late submission, evaluate its content, and submit written recommendations and findings to the selection official or a designee as to whether there is an advantage to the Government in considering it. The selection official or a designee shall determine whether to consider the late submission.
1815.209 Solicitation provisions and contract clauses. (NASA supplements paragraph (a))
(a) The contracting officer shall insert FAR 52.215–1 in all competitive negotiated solicitations.
1815.209-70 NASA solicitation provisions.
(a) The contracting officer shall insert the provision at 1852.215–77, Preproposal/Pre-bid Conference, in competitive requests for proposals and invitations for bids where the Government intends to conduct a prepoposal or pre-bid conference. Insert the appropriate specific information relating to the conference.
(b) When it is not in the Government's best interest to make award for less than the specified quantities solicited for certain items or groupings of items, the contracting officer shall insert the provision at 1852.214–71, Grouping for Aggregate Award. See 1814.201–670(b).
(c) When award will be made only on the full quantities solicited, the contracting officer shall insert the provision at 1852.214–72, Full Quantities. See 1814.201–670(c).
(d) The contracting officer shall insert the provision at 1852.215–81, Proposal Page Limitations, in all competitive requests for proposals.