15.505 Preaward debriefing of offerors.
(1) The offeror may request a preaward debriefing by submitting a written request for debriefing to the contracting officer within 3 days after receipt of the notice of exclusion from the competition.
(2) At the offeror’s request, this debriefing may be delayed until after award. If the debriefing is delayed until after award, it shall include all information normally provided in a postaward debriefing (see 15.506(d)). Debriefings delayed pursuant to this paragraph could affect the timeliness of any protest filed subsequent to the debriefing.
(3) If the offeror does not submit a timely request, the offeror need not be given either a preaward or a postaward debriefing. Offerors are entitled to no more than one debriefing for each proposal.
(b) The contracting officer shall make every effort to debrief the unsuccessful offeror as soon as practicable, but may refuse the request for a debriefing if, for compelling reasons, it is not in the best interests of the Government to conduct a debriefing at that time. The rationale for delaying the debriefing shall be documented in the contract file. If the contracting officer delays the debriefing, it shall be provided no later than the time postaward debriefings are provided under 15.506. In that event, the contracting officer shall include the information at 15.506(d) in the debriefing.
(c) Debriefings may be done orally, in writing, or by any other method acceptable to the contracting officer.
(d) The contracting officer should normally chair any debriefing session held. Individuals who conducted the evaluations shall provide support.
(e) At a minimum, preaward debriefings shall include-
(1) The agency’s evaluation of significant elements in the offeror’s proposal;
(2) A summary of the rationale for eliminating the offeror from the competition; and
(3) Reasonable responses to relevant questions about whether source selection procedures contained in the solicitation, applicable regulations, and other applicable authorities were followed in the process of eliminating the offeror from the competition.
(f) Preaward debriefings shall not disclose-
(1) The number of offerors;
(2) The identity of other offerors;
(3) The content of other offerors’ proposals;
(4) The ranking of other offerors;
(5) The evaluation of other offerors; or
(6) Any of the information prohibited in 15.506(e).
(g) An official summary of the debriefing shall be included in the contract file.