As used in this subpart-
Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition official means-
(1) A DoD contracting officer; or
(2) Any other DoD official authorized to approve a direct acquisition or an assisted acquisition on behalf of DoD.
Nondefense agency means any department or agency of the Federal Government other than the Department of Defense.
Nondefense agency that is an element of the intelligence community means the agencies identified in 50 U.S.C. 401a(4) which include the-
(1) Office of the Director of National Intelligence;
(2) Central Intelligence Agency;
(3) Intelligence elements of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Department of Energy, and Drug Enforcement Agency;
(4) Bureau of Intelligence and Research of the Department of State;
(5) Office of Intelligence and Analysis of the Department of the Treasury;
(6) The Office of Intelligence and Analysis of the Department of Homeland Security and the Office of Intelligence of the Coast Guard; and
(7) Such other elements of any department or agency as have been designated by the President, or designated jointly by the Director of National Intelligence and the head of the department or agency concerned, as an element of the intelligence community.