19.707 The Small Business Administration’s role in carrying out the program.
(a) Under the program, the SBA may-
(1) Assist both Government agencies and contractors in carrying out their responsibilities with regard to subcontracting plans;
(2) Review (within 5 working days) any solicitation that meets the dollar threshold in 19.702(a)(1)(i) or (ii) before the solicitation is issued;
(3) Review (within 5 working days) before execution any negotiated contractual document requiring a subcontracting plan, including the plan itself, and submit recommendations to the contracting officer, which shall be advisory in nature; and
(4) Evaluate compliance with subcontracting plans, either on a contract-by-contract basis, or, in the case of contractors having multiple contracts, on an aggregate basis.
(b) The SBA is not authorized to-
(1) Prescribe the extent to which any contractor or subcontractor shall subcontract,
(2) Specify concerns to which subcontracts will be awarded, or
(3) Exercise any authority regarding the administration of individual prime contracts or subcontracts.