37.602 Performance work statement.
(a) A Performance work statement (PWS) may be prepared by the Government or result from a Statement of objectives (SOO) prepared by the Government where the offeror proposes the PWS.
(b) Agencies shall, to the maximum extent practicable-
(2) Enable assessment of work performance against measurable performance standards;
(3) Rely on the use of measurable performance standards and financial incentives in a competitive environment to encourage competitors to develop and institute innovative and cost-effective methods of performing the work.
(c) Offerors use the SOO to develop the PWS; however, the SOO does not become part of the contract. The SOO shall, at a minimum, include-
(2) Scope or mission;
(3) Period and place of performance;
(5) Performance objectives, i.e., required results; and
(6) Any operating constraints.