(a) Unusual conditions or circumstances may require the use of terms other than f.o.b. origin or f.o.b. destination. Such conditions or circumstances include, but are not limited to-
(1) Transportation disabilities at origin or destination;
(2) Mode of transportation required;
(3) Availability of Government or commercial loading, unloading, or transshipment facilities;
(4) Characteristics of the supplies;
(5) Trade customs related to certain supplies;
(6) Origins or destinations in Alaska and Hawaii; and
(7) Program requirements.
(b) Contracting officers shall obtain assistance from transportation officers before issuing solicitations when unusual conditions or circumstances exist that relate to f.o.b. terms.