9.404 Exclusions in the System for Award Management.
(a) The General Services Administration (GSA)—
(1) Operates the web-based System for Award Management (SAM), which contains exclusion records; and
(2) Provides technical assistance to Federal agencies in the use of SAM.
(b) An exclusion record in SAM contains the—
(1) Names and addresses of the entities debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible, or excluded or disqualified under the nonprocurement common rule, with cross-references when more than one name is involved in a single action;
(2) Name of the agency or other authority taking the action;
(4) Effect of the action;
(5) Termination date for each listing;
(6) Unique Entity Identifier;
(7) Social Security Number (SSN), Employer Identification Number (EIN), or other Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), if available; and
(8) Name and telephone number of the agency point of contact for the action.
(c) Each agency must—
(1) Identify the individual(s) responsible for entering and updating exclusions data in SAM and assign the appropriate roles;
(2) Remove the exclusion roles in SAM when the individual leaves the organization or changes functions;
(3) For each exclusion accomplished by the Agency–
(i) Enter the information required by paragraph (b) of this section within 3 working days after the action becomes effective;
(ii) Determine whether it is legally permitted to enter the SSN, EIN, or other TIN, under agency authority to suspend or debar; and
(iii) Update the exclusion record in SAM, generally within 5 working days after modifying or rescinding an action;
(4) In accordance with internal retention procedures, maintain records relating to each debarment, suspension, or proposed debarment taken by the agency;
(5) Establish procedures to ensure that the agency does not solicit offers from, award contracts to, or consent to subcontracts with contractors who have an active exclusion record in SAM, except as otherwise provided in this subpart;
(6) Direct inquiries concerning listed contractors and other entities to the agency or other authority that took the action; and
(7) Contact GSA for technical assistance with SAM, via the support e-mail address or on the technical support phone line.
(d) SAM is available via https://www.sam.gov.