832.7001 Electronic payment requests.
(a) The contractor shall submit payment requests in electronic form unless directed by the contracting officer to submit payment requests by mail. Purchases paid with a Government-wide commercial purchase card are considered to be an electronic transaction for purposes of this rule, and therefore no additional electronic invoice submission is required.
(b) The contracting officer may direct the contractor to submit payment requests by mail, through the United States Postal Service, to the designated agency office for -
(1) Awards made to foreign vendors for work performed outside the United States;
(2) Classified contracts or purchases when electronic submission and processing of payment requests could compromise the safeguarding of classified or privacy information;
(3) Contracts awarded by contracting officers in the conduct of emergency operations, such as responses to national emergencies;
(4) Solicitations or contracts in which the designated agency office is a VA entity other than the VA Financial Services Center in Austin, Texas; or
(5) Solicitations or contracts in which the VA designated agency office does not have electronic invoicing capability as described above.