PGI 204.7105 Contract exhibits and attachments.
(a) Use of exhibits.
(1) Exhibits may be used instead of putting a long list of contract line items or subline items in the contract schedule. Exhibits are particularly useful in buying spare parts.
(2) When using exhibits, establish a contract line or subline item and refer to the exhibit.
(3) Identify exhibits individually.
(4) Each exhibit shall apply to only one contract line item or subline item.
(5) More than one exhibit may apply to a single contract line item.
(6) Data items on a DD Form 1423, Contract Data Requirements List, may be either separately priced or not separately priced.
(i) Separately priced. When data are separately priced, enter the price in Section B of the contract.
(ii) Not separately priced. Include prices in a priced contract line item or subline item.
(7) The contracting officer may append attachments to exhibits, as long as the attachment does not identify a deliverable requirement that has not been established by a contract line item or subline item or exhibit line item.
(8) Include exhibit line items and associated information in the electronically distributed contract documents identified in PGI 204.201 (3)(i)(A) and (B).
(b) Numbering exhibits and attachments.
(1) Use alpha characters to identify exhibits. The alpha characters shall be either single or double capital letters. Do not use the letters I or O.
(2) Once an identifier has been assigned to an exhibit, do not use it on another exhibit in the same contract.
(3) The identifier shall always appear in the first or first and second positions of all applicable exhibit line item numbers.
(4) If the exhibit has more than one page, cite the procurement instrument identification number, exhibit identifier, and applicable contract line or subline item number on each page.
(5) Use numbers to identify attachments.
(c) Numbering exhibit line items.
(1) Criteria for establishing. The criteria for establishing exhibit line items are the same as those for establishing contract line items (see DFARS 204.7103).
(2) Procedures for numbering.
(i) Number items in an exhibit in a manner similar to contract line items.
(ii) Number line items using a four-position number.
(A) The first position or the first and second position contain the exhibit identifier.
(B) The third and fourth positions contain the alpha or numeric character serial numbers assigned to the line item when using a double letter exhibit identifier. The second, third and fourth positions contain the alpha or numeric character serial numbers assigned to the line item when using a single letter exhibit identifier.
(iii) Exhibit line item numbers shall be sequential within the exhibit.
(i) Two-position serial number for double letter exhibit identifier.
Cumulative No. of Line Items
Serial Number Sequence
01 thru 09, then 0A thru 0Z, then
10 thru 19, then 1A thru 1Z, then
20 thru 29, then 2A thru 2Z, then
30 thru 39, then 3A thru 3Z, then
40 thru 49, then 4A thru 4Z, then
50 thru 59, then 5A thru 5Z, then
60 thru 69, then 6A thru 6Z, then
70 thru 79, then 7A thru 7Z, then
80 thru 89, then 8A thru 8Z, then
90 thru 99, then 9A thru 9Z, then
A0 thru A9, then AA thru AZ, then
B0 thru B9, then BA thru BZ, then
C0 thru C9, then CA thru CZ, then
D0 thru D9, then DA thru DZ, then
E0 thru E9, then EA thru EZ, then
F0 thru F9, then FA thru FZ, then
G0 thru G9, then GA thru GZ, then
H0 thru H9, then HA thru HZ, then
J0 thru J9, then JA thru JZ, then
K0 thru K9, then KA thru KZ, then
L0 thru L9, then LA thru LZ, then
M0 thru M9, then MA thru MZ, then
N0 thru N9, then NA thru NZ, then
P0 thru P9, then PA thru PZ, then
Q0 thru Q9, then QA thru QZ, then
R0 thru R9, then RA thru RZ, then
S0 thru S9, then SA thru SZ, then
T0 thru T9, then TA thru TZ, then
U0 thru U9, then UA thru UZ, then
V0 thru V9, then VA thru VZ, then
W0 thru W9, then WA thru WZ, then
X0 thru X9, then XA thru XZ, then
Y0 thru Y9, then YA thru YZ, then
Z0 thru Z9, then ZA thru ZZ
(ii) Three-position numbers.
Cumulative No. of Line Items
Serial Number Sequence
01 thru 009, then 00A thru 00Z, then
010 thru 019, then 01A thru 01Z, then
020 thru 029, then 02A thru 02Z, then
030 thru 039, then 03A thru 03Z and so on to
090 thru 099, then 09A thru 09Z, then
0A0 thru 0A9, then 0AA thru 0AZ, then
0B0 thru 0B9, then 0BB thru 0BZ, then
0C0 thru 0C9, then 0CA thru 0CZ, and so on to
0Z0 thru 0Z9, then 0ZA thru 0ZZ, then
100 thru 109, then 10A thru 10Z, then
110 thru 119, then 11A thru 11Z, then
120 thru 129, then 12A thru 12Z, and so on to
190 thru 199, then 19A thru 19Z, then
1A0 thru 1A9, then 1AA thru 1AZ, then
1B0 thru 1B9, then 1BA thru 1BZ, and so on to
1Z0 thru 1Z9, then 1ZA thru 1ZB, then
200 thru 109, then 10A thru 10Z, then
210 thru 219, then 21A thru 21Z, then
220 thru 229, then 22A thru 22Z, and so on to
290 thru 299, then 29A thru 29Z, then
2A0 thru 2A9, then 2AA thru 2AZ, then
2B0 thru 2B9, then 2BA thru 2BZ, and so on to
2Z0 thru 2Z9, then 2ZA thru 2ZZ, then
300 thru 309, then 30Z thru 30Z, and so on to
900 thru 909, then 90A thru 90Z, then
910 thru 919, then 91A thru 91Z, and so on to
990 thru 999, then 99A thru 99Z, then
9A0 thru 9A9, then 9AA thru 9AZ, then
9B0 thru 9B9, then 9BA thru 9BZ, and so on to
9Z0 thru 9Z9, then 9ZA thru 9ZZ