PGI 225.001 General.
Consider the following when evaluating offers of foreign end products:
(1) Statutory or policy restrictions.
(i) Determine whether the product is restricted by—
(A) Statute (see DFARS Subpart 225.70); or
(B) DoD policy (see DFARS Subpart 225.71,FAR 6.302-3, and DoD Directive 5230.11, Disclosure of Classified Military Information to Foreign Governments and International Organizations).
(ii) If an exception to or waiver of a restriction in DFARS Subpart 225.70 or 225.71 would result in award of a foreign end product, apply the policies and procedures of the Buy American statute or the Balance of Payments Program, and, if applicable, the trade agreements.
(2) Memoranda of understanding or other international agreements. Determine whether the offered product is the product of one of the qualifying countries listed in DFARS 225.872-1.
(3) Trade agreements. If the product is not an eligible product, a qualifying country end product, or a U.S.-made end product, purchase of the foreign end product may be prohibited (see FAR 25.403(c) and DFARS 225.403(c)).
(4) Other trade sanctions and prohibited sources.
(i) Determine whether the offeror complies with the secondary Arab boycott of Israel. Award to such offerors may be prohibited (see DFARS Subpart 225.76).
(ii) Determine whether the offeror is a prohibited source (see FAR Subpart 25.7 and DFARS Subpart 225.7).
(5) Buy American and Balance of Payments Program. See the evaluation procedures in DFARS Subpart 225.5.