(a) The contracting officer is authorized to require offerors to demonstrate that an item meets the market acceptance criteria.
(a) See Annex 4 for STRL deviations applicable hereto.
(b)(2)(i)(A) Submit the determination and findings under DFARS 211.274-2(b)(2)(i)(A) via DASN(P) by email at RDAJ&As.email@example.com with the subject “[Activity Name] DFARS 211.274-2(b)(2)(i)(A) – D&F – Exception to Item Unique Identification Marking.”
(b) In accordance with DOD Manual 4400.1-M, DON activities shall, under the Defense Priorities and Allocations System (DPAS):
(1) Use the DX rating for:
- Program 390;
- Integrated Ballistic Missile Defense System;
- Presidential Helicopter Programs (VH-92-A, VH-3D and VH-60N);
- Fleet Ballistic Missile Weapon Systems, Trident System including the Cruise Missile Submarines/SSGN, and submarines with the Trident II SWS Missile - Ohio Class Submarines/SSBN, Columbia Class Submarines (formerly Ohio Replacement Class)/SSBN (X), and all future submarines that carry the Trident Missile;
- Program 341;
- E-6B Command, Control and Communications Aircraft Program;
- Space-Based Infrared System High; Intercontinental Ballistic Missile;
- Minuteman II;
- B-2 Stealth Bomber;
- Presidential Aircraft (VC-25A and VC-25B Presidential Aircraft Recapitalization).
(f) HCAs are responsible for establishing procedures for rated orders.
(g) Each Contracting Activity has an assigned DPAS Officer to provide guidance and resolve questions associated with DPAS. Contact the Contracting Activity’s Policy office for DPAS point of contact information.